Broken Wave is the premiere West Coast based raiding guild on Phinigel, founded on a philosophy of serious raiding that allows members to maintain their personal lives. Phinigel has changed the TLP scene, and Broken Wave is taking advantage of this new age of Everquest. Raid instancing allows us to enjoy Norrath with a well maintained raid schedule. Our goal is to complete all EverQuest content in-era and conquer all challenges before us.
Phinigel allows us for the first time in history to enjoy the content you remember fondly in a whole new way. Broken Wave follows a structured instanced-raid schedule, ignoring open-world drama and cumbersome interguild raid politics. Our raid schedule caters to PST prime time players and towards individuals in other time zones who are unable to play during their timezone's prime time hours or prefer a late night experience.
- We raid from 8pm to midnight (PST) on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Pre-clears: There may be times when pre-clears of zones happen to help expedite the raid hours. These pre-clears will begin at 7pm on the scheduled raid days. All pre-clears will be coordinated at a minimum 24 hours in advance.
- Off-Day Raids: We may set up off-day raids that occur on unofficial raid days. These are normally precoordinated on the forums and all loot is handled by the Advanced Loot system. No DKP is used or awarded during off-day raids.
- We strive to have all members maintain a 50% RA through a 30 day period.
- We understand RL issues happen that may restrict ones ability to maintain 50% RA, if this pertains to you, please let a council member know and it can be handled on a case by case basis.
- We maintain an AFK section on the forums and urge members to use it to let the guild know when you will be unable to make scheduled raid days. This helps the council members plan and orchestrate raids.
- Our DKP policy allows members who are unable to maintain 50% RA an option to still bid on loot. Please read the policy here: DKP Rules
- For those interested in applying to Broken Wave, please post an application here: Recruitment Forum
- Minimum level Requirement: 70
- Minimum AA Requirement: 100 (well placed AAs)
- Minimum Key/Flag Requirement: Dreadspire Keep Access
- Minimum Recruitment Time:Approximately 21 days from day of being tagged.
- Recruits are required to maintain at least a 50% lifetime RA during your recruitment period.
- We understand RL issues happen that may restrict applicants during their recruit timeframe. If this pertains to you, please let a council member know and it can be handled on a case by case basis.
- We use an open-bid DKP loot system, with very few restrictions on items. Please see our DKP rules found here: DKP Rules
Voice Chat & GINA:
- You will need to use Discord (Chat server) and GINA (In-Game Notifications) during all sanctioned raids.
- Discord Download Link: Discord Application Download
- GINA Download Link: GINA Application Download
- No more than 2 character per person are allowed in the raid at any given time. This rule is subject to change on the spot pending raid numbers/complexity.
- Recruits are not allowed to box during their app period to help showcase the strength and capabilities of their main. (Some exceptions may apply per Council decision)
- Main character must be minimum required level to be allowed to bring a box. (Some exceptions may apply per Council decision)
- You may be requested to camp your box if playing capability of the main character is degraded.
Friends and Family:
The Broken Wave relies heavily upon the raiders and members that fill our ranks, however, we also welcome the family and friends of raiders who which to be part of the guild but are unable to meet the raiding requirements. These members are eligible to raid with the guild, if there is available space, and also bid on loots. We will also at times extend invites for Friends and Family rank for those who apply as a raider but are unable to meet the raiding requirements if they show an active interest in the guild and it's goals. For details on the Friends and Family DKP policies, please read the DKP rules found here: DKP Rules
In order to ensure fairness for all members, we have a strict MIA policy that is maintained. Players who have RL reasons or other circumstances that will prevent you from attending raids should ensure that they make applicable posts in the AFK section of our forums or inform a Council member so that proper documentation can be kept. Failure to do so may result in DKP reduction and/or Guild removal based on the following rules:
- 30 Days absence (no attendance of raids)
- Main toon moved to Friends and Family*
- DKP reduced 50%.
- If long term notification is made to Council then DKP may be maintained.
- 45 Days absence (no attendance of raids)
- DKP reduced 100%.
- If long term notification is made to Council then DKP may be maintained.
- DKP reduced 100%.
- 60 Days absence (no attendance of raids)
- DKP reduced 100% *
- Main toon moved to MIA*
- Characters moved to Friends and Family will be required to go back through recruitment phase in order to achieve Full Member again.
- 14 Days absence (no attendance of raids)
- DKP reduced 100% *
- Removed from Guild
- If long term notification is made to Council then DKP and Guild status may be maintained.
- 30 Days absence (no attendance of raids)
- Removed from Guild. *
* - No exception to this policy unless granted by Council for extenuating circumstances.
Main Change Policy:
In order to ensure that specific roles are maintained and the guild is capable to progress accordingly, the following rules are in place for first time main changes:
- Same Level Requirement as recruitment
- Consult with a Council Member to ensure you have all necessary spells and gear. You may be asked to obtain some specific items before approved to raid with the new main.
- You may be asked to play your original character on some raids until a replacement is found if the attendance of your original class is deemed necessary to completing raid targets.
- Main changes will be allowed to keep their DKP - if asked to play original class, you will still earn DKP on your new main.
- Consult with DKP and Forum Administrators to ensure name and character transfers are conducted.
For subsequent main change requests:
- The above rules apply, with the addition of the following DKP penalty:
- You will be docked an amount of DKP equal to the total that you have spent from your pool over the 30 days prior to any subsequent main change beyond the first.
Reserved Raid Loot - Last updated: 27/2/17
Certain unique items drop from raid targets that offer us the unique opportunity as a guild to plan for future content. These items are very rare, and make a significant impact on strategy, and may be the key to our success in clearing expansions in era. When these items drop, a specific set of rules for how the item is handled apply. This set of rules may be unique to the item in question, so they will be defined in this document attached to the item.
There is currently no reserved raid loot
Broken Wave’s goal is pure and simple: to be the premier west coast guild on Phinigel.
This doesn’t only include building ourselves into a powerful and efficient raid force. It also means earning the reputation for being courteous, helpful, and maintaining the integrity. All members are expected to contribute towards this goal.
- All members are expected to behave in a respectful and courteous manner. This means the following will not be tolerated:
- Personal attacks towards others, whether it be within or outside of the guild
- Racial/Sexual/Derogatory slurs in any circumstance
- Training or kill-stealing others on the server
- Scamming or attempting to scam others via in-game currency, real-life currency, or other means
If you have proof of one of our members breaking these rules, please speak with an officer or guild leader.
- This is an adult-oriented guild. Language and topics will not be censored from guild channels unless they coincide with the items above.
- Expertise is not a requirement for membership. Willingness to learn and improve is. With limited time for each expansion, efficiency will be paramount. We are more than happy to help members learn and improve their play. All members should be open to guidance, regardless of past experience with the game. Poor play puts others at risk and lessens time available for guild activities and raiding. If a serious deficiency continues for more than two weeks, a warning will be issued and the player will be asked to work with the guild officers to rectify the situation.
- Members are expected not to share their login information with people outside of Broken Wave. This is for guild security purposes. Certain people may have access to information or in game items/banks and those people especially are held to a higher standard.
- Disciplinary action will be initiated when deemed necessary by the consensus of the guild officers. Depending on the severity of the situation, disciplinary action may involve a warning, temporary suspension from guild activities, or expulsion from the guild.
The Broken Wave uses a hybrid DKP system for item distribution during raids. The system incorporates point rewards for participation, consideration for the overall impact of raid loot on the raid's performance, and random chance. This document explains this system, it's rules and related procedures. This system applies to scheduled, sanctioned guild raids that occur within normal raid hours. This document is accurate as of February 2nd, 2018.
DKP is earned at a rate of 10DKP per hour. The minimum allowed bid is 10DKP, and the minimum bid increment is 10DKP (bids following an all-in bid may be rounded to the nearest increment of 10). Members are allowed to bid a maximum of their current DKP holdings, as displayed on the DKP website. Attendance dumps are taken at 8PM, 9PM, 10PM, 11PM and end of raid. Missing any of these dumps means that you miss out on DKP and raid attendance.
Pre-clears may happen from time to time depending on specific situations. All pre-clears will be coordinated at a minimum 24 hours in advance and will award 2.5 DKP every 30 minutes.
First Time Kills
Additional points are earned for guild's first kill of serverwide message Bosses during an expansion. This bonus is equal to 10 DKP points. A 20 DKP bonus is awarded if the guild is the first guild serverwide to accomplish the kill.
Bidding is to be done in the guild chat channel (/gu). You cannot bid into negative points.
Bidding eligibility is broken in to Bidding Tiers. This method will allow everyone to bid simultaneously, up to a soft ceiling. Each tier will have their own soft limit. If someone from a higher tier bids above the lower tier's ceiling, the lower tier is eliminated from bidding. If no one from a higher tier bids, than the lower tier can bid freely. A bid of 160 DKP from a tier 2 member will eliminate all tier 1 bidding. This also gives us the added benefit of allowing recruits to bid as early as their second raid.
Guild members are separated into three tiers concerning bidding. These tiers are:
- Tier 1: Family & Friends / Recruits / Boxes
- Any Recruit bid will override all Box/Family & Friends bidding
- Tier 2: Members below level 65 / Members with 30 day raid attendance < 50%
- Tier 3: Members who are level 65 with 30 day raid attendance >= 50%
Each tier has an associated limit on DKP amounts they are able to bid on a given item:
- Tier 1 Limit: 50 DKP
- Tier 2 Limit: 150 DKP
- Tier 3 Limit: No Limit on DKP
When loot drops, an officer will ask in /gu for offers. Interested members will state in /gu their initial offer with a link of the item they are currently wearing. Bidding is expected to be done promptly and should not take more than 60 seconds per item.
You are responsible to be familiar with the advanced loot system. You will be charged DKP for any loot awarded that is lost as a result of your failure to use the system correctly. Repeated offenses may result in further docked DKP.
Players are encouraged to bid aggressively. The open bid system is designed to ensure loot is awarded as a reflection of effort contributed. If you’ve earned the DKP to out-bid someone, you have earned the item (within the tiered bidding system).
Players may only bid/spend DKP for their own character(s), including their Main and any boxes which meet the criteria below.
Box Bidding Policy
- The alt/Box must be with the raid or camped outside the AoC/raid encounter zone.
- When bidding you must state if the bid is for an Alt/Box. Failure to do so may result in the item being awarded to the main character.
- DKP bids will come from the main characters DKP pool.
- You must understand that failure to loot the item with an alt/box will not constitute a refund of DKP. You bid on the item willing knowing you are responsible to get your alt/box to the item.
- Raids will not be held up so that an alt/box can loot an item. If a situation like this occurs, the responsibility to promptly get the alt/box resides with the member, not the raid as a whole.
Ties in Bidding
- If two members both bid the same amount that is not an "all in" bid, the person who bid first is the winner.
- If a tie occurs with both members having "all in" bids, the winner is the raider with higher 30 day raid attendance percentage.
- If the raiders are still tied, the winner is the raider with the higher lifetime raid attendance percentage.
- If the raiders are still tied, the tie will be decided using /random 1000. Continue to /random 1000 until a winner is determined by a higher roll.
- Alts may not bid on tradeable loot. Any tradeable loot not bid on by main will be sold in the guild auction forum.
Special Case Loot
There are at times identified items which are prioritized to specific classes. The list of these items can be found here.
NBG Advanced loot rolls and cash drops
NBG rolls will be used for certain group content items at the discretion of leadership.
Cash drops such as gems will be kept by the guild bank to fund raid activities.
Droppable Loot and No-Drop Loot Rots
A thread will be created in the Raiding section to auction off droppable loot that would otherwise rot. Items will be placed in this thread within a few days of the raid from which they were obtained (this will not happen immediately during a raid). Opening bids will be set to 50% of an items current market value, as determined by the Loot Officer. Bidding will be open for 72 hours, after which time the item will be sold to the member with the highest bid.
Items receiving no bids will be held by the bank or sold in /auction.
Funds generated from these sales will go towards guild activities including reagent reimbursement, resist pots (for fights that they are deemed a necessity), resist gear and possibly the purchase of crafting materials (some of this remains under discussion).
No-Drop loot receiving no bids will be either sold in /auction or looted and destroyed at the discretion of the Loot Officer. If the item is a MQ'able quest piece, it will be given to an officer with the most appropriate faction/requirements to complete the quest for a Raid Member at a later time.
Raid loot that is no longer needed by a player, but would still be an asset to the guild, can be re-auctioned with officer approval. The item will be given to a guild officer and will be bid upon as if it had dropped. The player returning the item will receive a credit of 50% of the original bid. The item will then be placed back up for auction during normal raid hours.
DKP will decay occurs with every maximum level increase expansion. Specific details can be found here.
Expansions with DKP Decay:
The Serpents Spine
The Secrets of Faydwer
The Seeds of Destruction
The House of Thule
The Veil of Alaris
The Rain of Fear
The Darkened Sea
The Ring of Scale
This document provides a summary of The Broken Wave's raid loot policy. The guild leadership reserves the right to reevaluate any portion of this loot policy and make adjustments as deemed necessary. The Council also reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments during a raid as necessary or when a situation arises that is not covered by the rules above. We value Raid Member input, but please bring your concerns to an officer outside of our scheduled raid times rather than bring them up during a raid or during a bidding process.